Up PhotoAlbums » Postcards Prev Next Slideshow

ErieDepot(PC)-B_REFW.jpg - Erie Depot. - The Erie Railroad began serving Elmira in 1849. The Chemung Railroad connected Elmira and Watkins Glen in 1849, and the Williamsport and Elmira Railroad began operations in 1854. In the beginning, all of these railroads used the Union Station, as shown in this photo postcard taken in 1895. A short time afterwards the station became the Erie Railroad Station. It was closed to all passenger traffic in the 1970's.

Erie Depot. - The Erie Railroad began serving Elmira in 1849. The Chemung Railroad connected Elmira and Watkins Glen in 1849, and the Williamsport and Elmira Railroad began operations in 1854. In the beginning, all of these railroads used the Union Station, as shown in this photo postcard taken in 1895. A short time afterwards the station became the Erie Railroad Station. It was closed to all passenger traffic in the 1970's.
Total images: 116 | Help
The "+" symbol displays the features bar, the "-" symbol minimizes it.