Up PhotoAlbums » Postcards Prev Next Slideshow

NewtownCreek(OldPC)-B_REFW.jpg - Mr. Stephen Tuttle came to Newtown (Elmira) in 1818. Together with Mr. Guy Maxwell he built the Tuttle Mills near the mouth of Newtown Creek. The mills later became known as the Arnot Mills. Mr. Tuttle owned all of the land between the mill and the city and later donated much of the land to the city.

Mr. Stephen Tuttle came to Newtown (Elmira) in 1818. Together with Mr. Guy Maxwell he built the Tuttle Mills near the mouth of Newtown Creek. The mills later became known as the Arnot Mills. Mr. Tuttle owned all of the land between the mill and the city and later donated much of the land to the city.
Total images: 173 | Help
The "+" symbol displays the features bar, the "-" symbol minimizes it.